Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort - Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson Well...you surprised me Maureen Johnson and Cassandra Clare.The last time the two of them paired up, I disliked their story that took place during the French Revolution. This installment is particularly great in terms of content. This was what I was hoping to see from this series. Growth in Magnus' character. His history and where he comes from and who his father is...it's hinted in this story. I also liked the character of Aldous Nix. There was a bit of humor in this story, but I liked that it was a bit more on the serious side as well. I wished it was a bit longer though, and I really liked that this was completely in character for Magnus. The other stories, except for the third felt a bit off. However, this was pure gold. Overall, great plot for this short story. I want to see more of this, and well I'll give Maureen another chance. The only reason why it's a four star read instead of a five is I wish it was a bit longer.