Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Princess Bride - William Goldman I am one of those rare (and I mean rare) few who read the book BEFORE I EVER SAW THE MOVIE (however I did see the movie after I read the book). I read this back during the sixth grade and I remember finding this extremely funny and enjoyable, and at that point in time one of the better reads I read for school (well that year was actually pretty good considering we read "The Giver" and "Macbeth"). [I also really believed that this was an abridged version to the full story, which I really wanted to read. It was only when I found out from my teacher and parents it was a plot device and that this was the only Princess Bride, besides the movie. Back then I believed a lot of things, okay? Okay. I also believed at one point on time there really was a Genovia like in The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabbott. I really try to forget I was ever like that.]Moving on this was an extremely funny book, and I liked it quite a bit from the characters to the outrageous situations. The movie is well known to a lot of people, but I think people should pick up the book too! (I mean the book came before the movie!)