Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3) - Jenn Bennett jgkaghignkwhghinhg...AHHHHHHHHHH!That was pretty incoherent, but that pretty much sums up my feelings by the time I read the last page of the book. There was SO MUCH GOING ON in this book as compared to the others. The first half of the book was pretty good, but nothing really that special. By the end of the book it went like this.Something big happened.what?Something even bigger happened.WHAT?Something HUGE happened.WHAT!!!Then the final page.NO YOU CAN'T LEAVE IT LIKE THAT! NO!It's safe to say that Jenn Bennett is quickly rising the ranks of urban fantasy writers that I enjoy. Not only is Cady a strong female character that is likeable, and not always perfect there is a perfect cast of supporting characters from Lon Butler and his son Jupiter (Jupe) to Kar Yee. This series can get a bit lewd from time to time, but there seemed to be a better handle on it in this installment. I am really excited to see where the series takes off from here. This book is a game changer that is for sure for the series. The first two were pretty good, but this was great. I hope it doesn't decline from here as some series do. This was the best installment by far, and I decided to give it five stars just because of the second half. Wow.