Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) - Cassandra Clare I didn't think it was possible that I would dislike something with Magnus Bane in it, but this short story had nothing redeemable about my favorite character. The humor was forced, and wasn't natural at all with Magnus' character. The story wasn't that compelling. Really? A rescue mission without a bit of humor? This is Magnus we are talking about, he always has some humor. He can be serious too, but it didn't seem to fit him in this short story. I didn't laugh once, not even with naming the monkey "Ragnor." I am glad this wasn't long, but it's time I wish I had back. I am not so sure if I am going to read any more of the Bane Chronicles because the first was okay to good, but this was really, really disappointing. I think this story shouldn't have been published at all. This is the kind of story where I can see what people are saying about Cassandra Clare milking everything she has for its worth. I don't like TMI that much, but I adore TID. I just wish she would make Magnus...well Magnus. Normally, that hasn't been a problem. Now it is. What's the world coming to?