Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Holes - Louis Sachar I won't lie, I read this back between the fourth and fifth grade. However, there is a story.My family had stopped in the town of Half Moon Bay, CA dropping my sister off at music camp and before my parents were going to drop me off at Space Camp the next day (back in the day when there was still a Space Camp in California anyways). We stayed at a little B&B, but they had no television. It was back in the day that I was still not a big reader, and my parent's not wanting me to go to bed right after our early dinner decided to peek into a local bookstore to read a book together. I gave up and went with them, and my dad and I picked out Holes because I heard it was good and my dad thought it sounded fun.End of the story: IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I really liked this book from the characters, the plotting, the themes, and just the overall kookiness. Anyways, this definitely helped me get into reading besides Madeline L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time."Also, I got my copy signed by Lois Sachar when he was at the National Book Festival on the National (Washington D.C) Mall back in 2006. :)To add, the Disney movie is surprisingly a good adaptation. My only complaint: Stanley Yelnats is supposed to be more pudgy.