Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) - Stephanie Perkins Okay so I joined the "Anna and the French Kiss" train...yeesh.I will say if there is one thing I dislike about this book it is the very beginning. I didn't like how opposed Anna was to going to school in France. Yes, she would be away from her family and friends...but honestly...most people I know would jump at a chance like Anna. #Firstworldproblems 0______0No seriously. It did annoy me. In fact, I had read the sample chapter and was disgusted, once I got past the beginning it did get much better. Besides the beginning this book reminded me of my good friend who was in a similar situation. My friend's father had an assignment in Switzerland and the company moved the family over. My friend and her sister had to go to an international school that also was a boarding school as well, they went as day students. Anyways, she told me she was sad to leave her friends--BUT she knew what kind of opportunity this was for her. She had a lovely time and ended up going to BU for college. If she hadn't gone top Switzerland she probably would have gone to a state school instead. Anyways, besides the beginning and how long it took for Etienne to get over his girlfriend it was a very good read. A lot of surprises I didn't see coming and some awesome moments. (The Girl Scout Cookie scene with Etienne and Tagalongs...I just died! I had bought my friend a box of Thin Mints and Tagalongs when I visited her Switzerland over my spring break in high school. She was so HAPPY! Although, I didn't have any Samoas, which I know she liked better). I liked Anna, despite my initial reaction to her in the beginning. However, I thought at times she could be so dense...Etienne--I liked him as well. Actually, I like that he was a mama's boy. :)What I really like about this book is how the characters are very three-dimensional and believable. I often have a hard time relating to certain characters, but I found I could relate to a few characters in this book. I also really loved the descriptions of Paris, and I liked Anna's voice. I like her humor, and her love for her little brother. It was refreshing. I quite enjoyed this book and if your looking for a fun romance book, then this would be a good pick.