Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) - Cassandra Clare THERE WILL BE NO SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW!I just thought I should get that out of the way. First off all, this book is amazing! If I could give it more than five stars I would. This is Cassandra Clare at her VERY BEST! This is what happens when characters motivations are understandable, where every character is sympathetic, and where the writing is not overly repetitive with the same similes and metaphors (although the elongated shadows of a person's face and angles are used quite regularly, it is a small offense compared to the over description of eyelashes and cracked ice veins...*shivers*). Anyways, this book was pitch perfect from the prologue to the epilogue. This is how Cassandra Clare should write every book she writes. It is no secret I am not a large fan of the Mortal Instruments series because the characters to the writing is disappointing. However, how is it that the Infernal Devices has a well written love triangle (which does not happen often) and characters you want to cheer for? (Charlotte and Henry...AHH so much love! And Magnus of course is awesome). The writing is atmospheric and well researched, and the dialogue is spot on and humorous (rather than insipid). I will say that this series has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me, but the ending was fabulous and there were a few surprises that I didn't see coming. :)Thank you Mrs. Clare for writing a much better series, and I hope that The Dark Artifices series will only be better (please!).