Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) - Gayle Forman I have so many feelings about this book, and my heart literally is broken and stitched up again as I read this book. First off all, I had read Gayle Forman's book "Just One Day" and I really liked it. However, "If I Stay" has a lot more meat to it, and in a lot of ways is the perfect young adult realistic romance book I have ever read. The level of detail, the family relationships, and the interactions are all heartfelt and extremely believable.I loved all the characters in this book. Every last one of them from Mia's family to her friend Kim, and of course her boyfriend as well. Every single character breathed life and you could connect with them. Everything that happened pulled me in with not stop in sight. As I read this book I couldn't help but think about the events that happened in my past from family barbeques, concerts I went to with friends, or going to see a special musical performance. I loved that the setting was in Oregon, and even though I didn't grow up there I felt like I knew where this was. Like I have been there before, and I grew up right down the street from these people. The entire book in my opinion does not have any negative aspects, except for breaking my heart in certain places. Gayle Forman is a wonderful writer, and I really look forward to reading the companion to this book.