Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) - Kelly Creagh I'm speechless. I mean, I'm speechless. This book is good. I mean really good. I thought I knew what I was walking into, and man this book exceeded EVERY SINGLE EXPECTATION. I had pretty low thoughts coming into this book, a cheerleader and a goth character how many cliches will the writer throw out? How terribly stale will this book be? A supernatural/paranormal romance? I mean I thought I knew what was going to happen. Nope. I was surprised throughout the entire book, except that Isobel and Varen would get together.At first, I wasn't sure what to think, but as I read I couldn't put this book down. First of all, bravo to the author for writing well conceived characters that are neither black nor white. Life isn't that simple, and I am really happy that this book isn't all happily ever after. It's dark and has a gothic feel to it, and the plotting was meticulous in this book.I am also rather fond of the whole weaving of Edgar Allen Poe into this book, and how you really have to watch out for everything that is mentioned because it does have significance. It's pretty well done in my opinion. This book is fun, and it's heartbreaking. I can't wait to read the next book, and I am just...I don't know so surprised that I really love this book. It's so good.