Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Sandman, Vol. 8: Worlds' End  - Michael Zulli, Bryan Talbot, John Watkiss, Neil Gaiman I will say that this part of the series I had some different thoughts. It's different because the characters that are focused are not the Endless themselves or people to do with the endless (although they are brought up in the stories that are told at World's End Inn).For the first half, I was doubting if I should continue this part of the series and skip on ahead. However, since I brought it I thought I should at least finish it.Luckily it picked up by the second half, and I enjoyed the stories more.Worlds End is continuing the tradition of Chaucer, by telling "real" tales in a cavern during a storm (instead of pilgrimage). As with many things by Neal some are wondrous, some are grotesque, but others offer a philosophical insight that I have come to love by this author.So, I do give "World's End" a solid 4 stars. Some places a 2-3 (the beginning), but by the end a (4-5). I'm glad I changed my mind to read the whole thing.As a side note, the 2011-2012 reprinted editions are excellent. The coloring is marvelous. :)