Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer It gets a two because of Alice Cullen (I'm being super generous it probably should be a 1.5 but I do like Alice that much). I liked her (and Jasper too). Heck, most of the Cullens besides Edward were far more interesting then the main protagonist. Other than that, friends were reading this and told me they liked it a bit. They thought I would like it too, I like certain aspects. The Northwest setting, Alice Cullen, and trying to reshape a cliched monster (but maybe not the best way--that part I didn't like. I liked that she tried. Maybe she should read some Anne Rice?). In the end, very simplistic writing with a ton of grammatical errors. Also, the love story wasn't very compelling and Edward is a stalker. Read the rest of the series just to see if there were any redeeming qualities. Not really--except Alice.