Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #1) - Fiona Paul Venom was an interesting book to read, mostly because I was highly excited about the idea of a secret society in Venice, Italy. I also liked the idea of a swooning artistic character, it might be a total romantic cliche but hey a girl has gotta dream.Anyways, Venom was an okay read. It wasn't fantastic, jaw dropping, or even amazing. It was solid, and enjoyable read. The plot was even, meaning that every action had a consequence and that everything add up to the conclusion. There were a few surprises, but in a lot of ways I could see things coming. I felt like this book dragged on at times, and my biggest problem was the pacing. It seems recently I've been reading 500+ books faster than I've read "Venom," which I find odd. There are times this book flies by, and others where it drags.Falco, although supposed to the charming and swoon worthy character, is a hit or miss at times for me in this book. However, whatever problems the book had for me for most of the reading experience the end is close to four stars. That being said, I'm still not sure if I will read the next book or not. This is one of those books, which start off alright but build toward an eventual very good end. Overall, it's a solid read for the historical nuts, but I think the pacing and Cass's character sometimes could be a bit grating. As I said, I liked this book (a bit but not much), but I'm not sure how invested I am in the next part of the series.