Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Forever Changes - Brendan Halpin Why do I keep reading books that make my heart hurt? That's a rhetorical question considering I don't have an answer to it, nor should there be an answer. Anyways, this book was absolutely breathtaking. It is by far one of the better father/daughter relationship stories I have read and it is also a smart and well written novel.First off all, the main protagonist is a female and likes math. How many times can you say that an author goes outside the box? That and she is friends with cheerleaders and Adam who is a fellow M.I.T hopeful like her. I like how well developed Brianna is, in a lot of ways she reminds me of Hazel Grace from "The Fault in Our Stars," but unlike Hazel does want to live...but still thinks about her impeding death with CF. She is an interesting and complex character.I also love Brianna's father, I mean he has a tattoo of his daughter's name and a heart around it. He also rides a motorcycle, and loves his daughter unconditionally. It's wonderful to read about because a lot of times in books the relationships with father's tend to be rocky and it's always the father's fault--never the mothers. In this case, it is the mother's fault. This book is incredibly quick, and the pacing is fantastic. However, the ending--why??? To end, people you need to read this book! Really you do! Like, right now!