Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
War for the Oaks - Emma Bull Updated review 8/19/12I've reviewed this book awhile ago, but here's the thing I didn't really say enough. This book and I, it's like one of those books that I wish I discovered eons ago. It enthralled me in ways I'm not sure a lot of books can repeat--or even cease to compare. I love fantasy, rock music, and Eddi was a spunky character I couldn't help but love. There are corny moments, but for me it didn't detract from the entire novel. This is a book I will treasure for a long time. The writing is honed, lyrical and well paced. The characters believable, charming, and well created. It's probably my favorite urban fantasy besides Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" and Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files" series. Emma Bull is phenomenal and I can't write all my feelings down about this book. I just have to say that this writer is so under-known it's a shame, she deserves a much larger audience and is extremely likeable. Honestly, this is a book any fan of fantasy or even those diving in the first time will like (or love like I do). (Also, do yourself a favor and check out Ms. Bull's music)