Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Sing Me to Sleep - Angela Morrison This book is complicated for me to review. It's complicated because the meat of the book doesn't happen till 75% through the book. From the description one is going to roll their eyes and think it's a makeover story, but it is a whole lot more than that. The "makeover" someone thought was all these surgeries or what not. They were outpatient treatments such as laser care to remove facial scarring and a Lasik surgery for eyesight. I mean it's the sort of makeovers used to be done on TLC. Anyways, this isn't a makeover novel, let's get that out of the way. This book made my heart hurt. I mean in the beginning it was a little tough to get through with all the bullying and what was going on. Then we got to the choir, which was fun to read about. Also, seeing as I was in choir in high school and an alto, and sang a soprano solo...it can happen if anyone had doubts. Anyways, I love reading about the choir competition and Derrek. This is a good romance story because it isn't just paper-cut stereotypical story about an American girl finding love in a foreign romance (Canadian, not Swiss by the way). Anyways, you think you know what is going to happen--but find out how wrong you're really are by the time the end comes. If you like "Just One Day" or "The Fault in Our Stars" one will like this book because it shares some interesting pieces from the two. The only reason this book does not get five stars is because of some mistakes in spelling.You heard me: spelling. The author referenced a famous song "Circle of Life" but in my version says "Circle of Light." I mean that's pretty bad as far as mistakes go, I can't let that one go. Normally, I'm not really picky unless the mistake is so blatant for me to see or when I read it does not make any sense. I also could have done without the book taking up 25% being about makeup, and could have cut it at least a tiny bit more. Other than that, it's really good book and Derrek...sigh.