Lizreader

Lizreader's Blog

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) - Marissa Meyer Updated 8/24/12: 1.5Although the pacing was quick, there was a plot, and sometimes the characters were engaging as a whole "Cinder" delivered a whole lot less than it promised.Here's the thing when I first heard about a Cyborg Cinderella, two thoughts came to mind. Either, she'll nail it or it will be a parody waiting to happen. It's a bit closer to parody. It's not to say that the book is engaging, obviously I finished it. I think some are bothered at the notion of it being a re-told fairy tale. I'm not, however I'm sure there could have been a more original spin off than copying some of the story from a well known tale. The biggest reason I didn't like this was it felt so unattached. I never felt compelled by the characters or what was happening. I mean I was reading, but when the biggest secret can be figure out pretty early on it ruins the entire book for me. I think as an author you don't want to point that out so early on. Otherwise, the reader will be bored. I wasn't hoping it would redeem itself.It didn't.It's sad the idea has a lot of potential..